Listing Websites about Ciprofloxacin Drug
Ciprofloxacin: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures - WebMD
(6 days ago) WebCiprofloxacin belongs to a class of drugs called quinolone antibiotics. It works by stopping the growth of bacteria.This antibiotic treats only bacterial infections. It will not work for virus
Url: Visit Now
Ciprofloxacin (Cipro): Basics, Side Effects & Reviews
(4 days ago) WebCiprofloxacin (Cipro) is a fluoroquinolone (or "quinolone") antibiotic. It works by blocking certain enzymes (proteins) that bacteria use to grow and repair their genetic material (DNA) in order to survive. By blocking this …
Url: Visit Now
FAQ about Ciprofloxacin Drug
Does ciprofloxacin interact with other medications?
Yes, Cipro XR (ciprofloxacin) may interact with many other drugs. Tell your doctor if you are taking tizanidine, or Zanaflex. Using tizanidine while using Cipro XR is not advisable and can cause serious reactions. Also, make sure your doctor knows you are taking the following medications before using Cipro XR because of possible interactions:
What conditions does ciprofloxacin treat?
What Conditions does Treat?
- skin infection caused by anthrax
- pneumonia caused by the bacteria anthrax
- bacterial stomach or intestine infection due to anthrax
- infection of the brain or spinal cord caused by anthrax
- infection of bone
- treatment to prevent anthrax after exposure to disease
- Escherichia coli bacteria in the blood
How to take Cipro safely?
When you begin using this medicine:
- Stay out of direct sunlight, especially between the hours of 10:00 AM and 3:00 PM, if possible.
- Wear protective clothing, including a hat and sunglasses.
- Apply a sun block product that has a sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 15. ...
- Do not use a sun lamp or tanning bed or booth.
Why to avoid ciprofloxacin with dairy products?
Why Can't I Take Ciprofloxacin HCL With Dairy Products?
- Bioavailability of Ciprofloxacin. Bioavailability is a measure of the percentage of a drug administered to a patient that actually reaches general circulation in the bloodstream.
- Ciprofloxacin and Milk. Bayer cautions patients that ciprofloxacin shouldn't be taken together with milk. ...
- Resistance to Ciprofloxacin. ...