Listing Websites about Metoprolol Drug
FAQ about Metoprolol Drug
What are the long term effects of taking metoprolol?
- Bone pain
- continuing ringing or buzzing or other unexplained noise in the ears
- dry eyes
- hair loss or thinning of the hair
- hearing loss
- increased sensitivity of the skin to sunlight
- pain in the penis on erection
- severe sunburn
When is it better to take metoprolol than lisinopril?
Thus both metoprolol and lisinopril were effective and safe in the treatment of mild to moderate essential hypertension with lisinopril being better tolerated. From patients' self-assessments of quality of life, lisinopril was found to be superior to metoprolol in some aspects of emotional, cognitive and social functioning.
What is the difference between metoprolol and propranolol?
propranolol: What's the difference?
- Metoprolol and propranolol are beta-blockers used to treat high blood pressure ( hypertension ), heart pain ( angina ), abnormal heart rhythms, and some neurologic conditions.
- Metoprolol is also used to treat congestive heart failure and hyperthyroidism, and to prevent migraine headaches.
- Brand names for metoprolol include Lopressor and Toprol XL.
Are there side effects when you stop taking metoprolol?
These metoprolol withdrawal side effects include angina, which is a type of chest pain, and an increased risk for heart attack (myocardial infarction), according to the FDA. How Long Do Metoprolol Withdrawal Symptoms Last? One study found metoprolol withdrawal symptoms occurred for two to eight days after stopping the blood pressure medication.